Monday, April 12, 2010

Taking it easy

This weekend was the first weekend in a while I've been able to just relax and do nothing. I've been pretty busy the past two weeks with traveling and school, so it was nice to just take it easy. Nothing too big happened this weekend, but still managed to have some fun and try out some more food. I can't really remember what I did during the day, but I know it was nothing significant. Was busy working on my Beijing post (which you should look at if you haven't already, it's the post right below this one) and I was able to catch up on the tv shows I've been missing. At night, we went out bowling near Shatin and tried out a couple of new restaurants.





Right before bowling, we went to Tai Po to enjoy some siu ngoh (Roast Goose). It kind of tasted like duck, but slightly different.




The next night we went out to Mong Kong to try an all-you-can-eat sushi place for $118HK. The sushi was only ok, not the best I've ever had, but I guess we kind of expected that. Nevertheless, we got our fill of lots of sushi, sashimi, and tempura. They even had this, basically bacon sushi.


This was called Pineapple sushi. No surprises here, just pineapple on top of rice wrapped in seaweed...




On Sunday, I made a quick trip out to Sai Kung. Had lunch with Aunty Karen at Jaspa's Restaurant, here's my peperoni pizza. Simple, but quite tasty.


A much needed quiet weekend, but hopefully I'll get to go out and explore more of HK in the coming weekends. With only a couple of weeks left of classes, I have to make the most out of my time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment