Thursday, September 29, 2011

An Interesting End to September

It's been awhile since my last post, but, it's because I've been pretty busy. Work has been keeping me busy as usual, but I also had a friend visit Hong Kong this past weekend. Time really has been going by quickly and in a week, it'll have been 3 months since I started working and about 4.5 months since I came back to HK. Anyways, I've got a couple things to share since my last post, and you'll probably find them a bit more interesting than my past couple posts.



So my friend Adrian decided to fly over from Japan (where he's studying) and pay me a visit this past weekend. As we were walking around, we came across this store opening. It just so happened that on that day, it was the grand opening of the first Apple store in Hong Kong. Apple being Apple, decided to take up two floors in the grand IFC Mall. Real subtle Apple...

The main entrance to the store. There was even a line to get into the store even though it opened at 9am and we got there around 4pm. Some people are crazy (especially those who lined up the day before, just to be the first to go in). Anyways, we didn't go inside but were able to get a couple pics of the store and the crowd of people surrounding it. Hopefully I can check it out later when it's not so busy. You might notice the spiral staircase leading up to the 2nd floor, in the background.


So I decided to take Adrian up to the Peak to take a look at the Hong Kong skyline. The weather wasn't quite cooperating and as you'll notice, the sky wasn't the nicest its been. The one good thing was that the weather wasn't too hot this weekend. (Panoramic pictures are still so cool to take)


So we went out Saturday night and near the end of the night we stumbled across this interesting object. Yes, it's a riot shield. We don't know how we found it, but you can't find one and then not take a picture. Probably one of the coolest/funniest pictures I've ever taken.


So one of the reasons why I'm updating my blog on a Thursday during the day is because I didn't have to go to work today. My day off was a result of the No. 8 Southeast Gale or Storm Signal issued for Hong Kong. It was pretty windy and rainy so most of Hong Kong shutdown, with even the stock market taking a break for mother nature. It wasn't too bad in Sai Kung, as the typhoon affected the south west of HK more. The typhoon was far away, so it passed by without too many problems and things should return to normal soon. But the day off was, nevertheless, a welcome break, thanks Typhoon Nesat.

The aftermath of the typhoon. Just some branches and leaves all over the place. Nothing too serious.


I even took a walk around Aunty Karen's garden. Most of her flowers remained intact, including this guy, rain soaked and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment