Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy New Year! Again...

新年快樂!
Happy (Chinese) New Year to everyone! So it's finally the new year according to Western and Chinese calendars. This year is extra special because it is 龍年, the Year of the Dragon, which I am. That means (hopefully) this year will bring extra luck and good fortune to me and other Dragons. [It also means I'm getting pretty old as YOTD only comes around every 12 years]. As a result of CNY, I had a few days off from work. There wasn't anything really eventful, but these few days were quite restful. Work has been tough the past couple weeks, so the extra rest was just what I needed, that, and lots of good food.



With some free time in the morning, I decided to make a spam omelete.

Curly fries @ McDonalds, so good. They came with the Prosperity Burger, one of those limited-time special value meals.


Aunty Karen just got back from New Zealand, so she brought back a bunch of good NZ meat. Here we have some NZ Beef Fillet.

Lamb Shanks.


The CNY holidays did bring another thing with it, some cold weather... Probably the coldest since I've been here. [7ºc ≈ 44ºf]

Here I am, ready to brave the weather to go running.

Even Barney looks cold.


恭喜發財!

No comments:

Post a Comment