Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Madness

So there hasn't actually been that much madness this month, but there has been a lot to do. The biggest thing about this month is probably the arrival of family members. This month has seen Mum, Dad, and Gung Gung Po Po visit HK. The house and beds were pretty full, but we somehow managed (like we always do). Mum, Aunty Karen, and G-G P-P also managed to take a quick trip to Vietnam, a place I've been to and enjoyed visiting.




With everyone here, we decided to yum cha one day. We ordered some Xiaolongbao, which were good, but not as good as the one's I had in Shanghai.


As I mentioned before, I've recently started to play soccer again. After running and kicking the ball around again, I can say that I've definitely missed playing. Here I am in action (#25 if you've never seen me before in your life...), photo courtesy of Dad.


For Mum's last night in HK, we decided to have some of Sai Kung's famous seafood. Here are a couple of assorted seafood delicacies. The dish on the right were scallops.


Garupa fish.


So the other day I got caught up in a very interesting situation. As I was riding the mini bus back to Sai Kung, we suddenly came to a stop as the cars in front of us had come to a complete standstill. I soon found out that there had been a big accident on the road up ahead. Since there is one main road (one lane each direction) that everyone uses to get in and out of Sai Kung, this accident had caused traffic heading in both directions to shutdown. After being on the mini bus for about 1/2 an hr and only moving about 100 meters I decided to join the increasing number of people walking on the sidewalk. I was a bit hesitant at first seeing as I was still quite far away from home, but with no cars moving, it seemed like the logical thing to do. 45 mins and 5 km later I finally made it back home, but not before having to walk up this steep road on the way back home.



Finally, for dinner we went and had some hot pot at Tack Hsin restaurant. One of the dishes they serve is live shrimp. And yes, these shrimp are still alive and moving, talk about being really fresh.
[Sorry Mr. Shrimp, but you did taste very good]

No comments:

Post a Comment